Forest tree nut kernels, proudly harvested from the Canarium indicum tree. Cracked, hand peeled, dried & packaged in East New Britain.
A new & exclusive product released by The Galip Nut Co (PNG’s first home grown nut brand).
Grown & packed in East New Britain Province, Papua New Guinea.
Shelf stable at room temperature for 12 months.
The Galip nut company works with hundreds of farmers, sourcing, cracking, drying and packaging the fruit of the Canarium indicum tree to bring you PNG’s new super-nut.
– We encourage many families to collect the wild nuts from the forests of East New Britain
– We provide income of up to 15Kina to harvesters and collectors for every kilogram of nuts we sell
– Our processing facilities are located right at the source in the Gazelle peninsula
– We use best practice technology and packaging to assure you of the highest quality, safe food for all the family
– Our mission is to develop economic opportunities and employment by promoting the Galip nut to the world
– Our vision is to create a new agri food industry that supports human health and a sustainable environment for PNG
The Galip nut project is a joint development between National Agricultural Research Institute (NARI), the University of the Sunshine Coast, the University of Adelaide and The Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) funded by the people of Australia.